Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rain, Rain go away...

Days like today are one that remind me of odd parts of my childhood. The Bronson household was always a respectful and polite place, although days like today are the ones that Ken Bronson would wake up, look out the window and say,"Well it looks like generally shhhhhhitty day out!" It's funny how I can still hear him say this in my head even though I don't think I actually have for years. 

So on this generally shitty day, I decided I should try to get some things done. I've been pretty productive about practicing, and felt that today was an appropriate time to focus my energy on a few things other than percussion. I started getting my out of season clothes ready for Minnesota. Washed and packed all my jeans and cords, sweaters and long sleeve shirts. Since I won't wear them now, I figured now would be a good time. For someone who doesn't have the best fashion sense, I sure as hell have a butt ton of clothes ill tell you that. Lucky for me moving somewhere cold...the majority of them are long pants, long sleeves, sweatshirts, and boots. I suppose I've been sub consciously preparing for some time now. 

As I start to make headway on that, I'm also starting to attempt to make a few new lifestyle changes. Eating healthier, running almost every day (except when there's rain like this!) and I'm trying to get into reading. There is so much media and Internet in my life, I want a get away that will benefit me intellectually. I picked up Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughter house five." I'm a hundred pages in and I don't love it yet, but I haven't wanted to stop reading it yet which is good. Ideally, since I've recently been experiencing knee pain from running (had the same problems in high school) I'm hoping I can use work out bikes in the gym at Minnesota and read simultaneously. Kill two birds with one stone. 

On an unrelated note, lessons are going great with Ben Bilello, and I'm heading to Brooklyn for a group lesson with Shane and Ben Scanlan Saturday. 

Until next time! 

MB 


No comments:

Post a Comment